Deutsche Allianz Nichtübertragbare Krankheiten
NCD Alliance Weekly Digest
Wöchentliche Presseschau der NCD Alliance
Global Development News
- UN News: Ban names ‘eminent advocates’ to propel achievement of new Sustainable Development Goals
- UN News: UN chief announces first-ever High-Level Panel on Women’s Economic Empowerment
- UN News: World of business must play part in achieving new Sustainable Development Goals – UN chief
- Global Health Now: Youth and the SDGs: A Q&A
- CGD: Making Paris Happen
- Devex: France to reform aid program, increase annual development budget by 4 billion euros
- WEF: 3 charts that explain global inequality
Global Health News
- WHO: Collaboration on refugee and migrant health
- World Bank: Using Gabon’s Digital Network to Improve Healthcare
- Devex: From global commitments to local action: Revitalizing Indonesia's family planning program
- Journal of Public Health Policy: Sustainable Development and Environment – Conflict or Convergence?
- Lancet: Malawi and Millennium Development Goal 4: a Countdown to 2015 country case study
- Lancet: Stillbirths: ending preventable deaths by 2030 |Stillbirths: rates, risk factors, and acceleration towards 2030 (on links with diabetes, hypertension, and NCDs more generally)
- Lancet: Increasing research capacity and awareness of chronic lung diseases in East Africa
- Lancet: Reducing treatment-related mortality in childhood cancers
- Lancet: Innovation in capacity building of primary-care physicians in diabetes management in India: a new slant in medical education
- BMJ: BMA research into end of life care: Consulting patients is a step in the right direction | John Hughes: Why dying should be everyone’s business
- BMJ: Chronic kidney disease in elderly people: disease or disease label?
- BioMed Central: Dementia risk – to know or not to know?
- BioMed Central: How do you tell the lethal cancers from the non-lethal ones?
- WEF: Your smartphone, your therapist?
Risk Factor News
- Lancet: Obesity: we need to move beyond sugar
- PLoS: It is way too difficult to be physically active
- PLoS: The Foie Gras faux pas: Why Fatty Liver No Longer Just Affects Ducks
- Bloomberg Business: New $70 million installment of the CDC's anti-smoking ad campaign
- WCRF: Slim by design (on food environment)
- Matangi Tonga: Tonga's big eaters, dying younger
- Lancet: Time to take tobacco dependence treatment seriously
- BMJ: NHS plans sugar tax on food and drink sold in hospitals by 2020