Deutsche Allianz Nichtübertragbare Krankheiten
NCD Alliance Weekly Digest
Wöchentliche Presseschau der NCD Alliance
Global Development News
- UN News: ‘No-one left behind’ is ethical imperative of new development agenda – UN deputy chief
- CGD: Seven Development Policy Wishes for 2016
- ODI: Why private sector entrepreneurs are key to economic growth in 2016
- Devex: The promising private sector climate finance debate
- Devex: Can we future-proof our NGOs?
- Devex: 5 ways to help mayors build sustainable urban transportation
- Devex: Transforming transportation: From global targets to local action
- World Bank: Where are the cheapest and most expensive countries to own a mobile phone?
- World Bank: Aging in Thailand – How to live long and prosper
- World Bank: Making public-private partnerships work for post-conflict countries
- WEF: Can education beat inequality?
- WEF: Helen Clark - How can we make sure no refugee is left behind?
Global Health News
- WHO: WHO's Regional Director and Minister of Health of Yemen discuss Yemen's critical health needs
- WHO: Cholera vaccine supply set to double, easing global shortage
- WHO: SEARO Five polio-free years; efforts must continue
- Lancet: Non-doctor emergency surgeons are saving thousands of lives in rural Ethiopian hospitals
- World Bank: Time to put “health” into universal health coverage
- World Bank: Using Gabon’s Digital Network to Improve Healthcare
- World Bank: Creating a sustainable health diagnostics network for low income populations in India through private sector participation
- Devex: To achieve UHC, ensure equity and sustainability
- NEJM: Shared Decision Making — Finding the Sweet Spot
- Devex: How a partnership led an outdoor equipment company to start a new division
- WEF: How India is using public-private partnerships to expand healthcare
- Lancet: Cancer: Australian government proposes diagnostic payment cuts
- WEF: How can Africa better treat cancer patients?
- WEF: How high is the familial risk of cancer?
- WEF: Should we rethink our views of ageing and dementia?
- BioMed Central: BMC Palliative Care: Review of 2015
- Washington Past: NIH’s big cancer database coming soon
Risk Factor News
- Lancet: Sugar: pushing forward on cutting back
- BMJ: Chris Baker: Child obesity in India? Tell me something I don’t know!
- WCRF: Reduce your cancer risk with realistic New Year’s resolutions
- WCRF: Unconscious consumption: is our environment making us eat more?
- Guardian: Why most cancer isn’t attributable to simple ‘bad luck’
- BBC: Can changing your mealtimes make you healthier?
- Change4Life: Change4Life Sugar Boy
NEJM: The Obesity Epidemic — Understanding the Disease and the Treatment
- NEJM: Weight Loss and Health Status 3 Years after Bariatric Surgery in Adolescents
- PLoS: You should work out in jeans (I do)
- Independent: New alcohol guidelines: How is drinking linked to cancer?
- Telegraph: Mapped: How the UK's new alcohol guidelines compare with the rest of Europe
- Telegraph: One can of fizzy drink a day increases risk of diabetes and heart disease – 30% more visceral fat
- Press Trust of India: Govt launches mobile service to wean people off tobacco
- NY Times: New diet guidelines urge less sugar for all and less meat for boys and men
- NBC: Nearly Half of Teens Breathe in Secondhand Smoke, CDC Finds
- NYC Department of Health: Online/Social Media Coordinator, Tobacco Control, New York
NYC Department of Health: Worksite Wellness Senior Manager, New York
WHO: Technical Officer, NCDs and Mental Health, New York