Deutsche Allianz Nichtübertragbare Krankheiten
NCD Alliance Weekly Digest
Wöchentliche Presseschau der NCD Alliance
Global Development News
- UN News: INTERVIEW: world’s most difficult task – ensuring UN sustainable development agenda, says top adviser
- UN News: Social inclusion central to 2030 Agenda, UN Social Development Commission hears as new session opens
- World Bank: Extreme inequality is a symptom of a broken society
- CGD: A Smart Pledge to Create Economic Opportunities for Syrian Refugees
- ODI: What’s on the international agenda in 2016?
- ODI: Four things Power Africa's new roadmap gets right (and one thing it gets wrong)
- ODI: How to leave no one behind: a workable plan for ambitious aims
- WEF: What is causing inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Guardian: French law forbids food waste by supermarkets
Global Health News
- UN News: Upholding women’s human rights essential to Zika response – UN rights chief
- WHO: WHO releases first situation report on public health emergency
- World Bank: Tackling Childhood Nutrition with the Help of Social Enterprises
- World Bank: Pro-poor health coverage expands in Egypt
- Lancet: Oil prices, climate change—health challenges in Saudi Arabia
- Lancet: Is a new deal that promotes innovation and access to medicines and health technologies possible?
- NEJM: International Health Care Systems: Universalism, Responsiveness, Sustainability — Regulating the French Health Care System
- Guardian: Life without health insurance - why we need to protect the most vulnerable
- Humanosphere: 10 global health issues to follow in 2016
- WEF: What can technology do for global health?
- Devex: Appeal to protect the health and rights of Syrian women and girls
- Devex: 3 ingredients to ensure health and well-being for all in emerging economies
- World Heart Federation: NCD Cafe to be held at World Congress of Cardiology & Cardiovascular Health 2016
- Alzheimer’s Disease International: NCD Dialogues to be held at 31st International Conference of Alzheimer’s Disease International
- UN News: With focus on cervical cancer, Ban says where people live should not determine chances of survival
- WHO: The European code against cancer | SEARO Media Statement on World Cancer Day 2016
- Lancet: Climate change and non-communicable diseases
- Lancet: Liberating data: the crucial weapon in the fight against NCDs
- Lancet: Constraints and challenges in access to insulin: a global perspective | Access to medicines for CVD—what's the trade-off? | Framework for tackling paediatric chemotherapy drug shortages
- Lancet: From epidemiological transition to modern cardiovascular epidemiology: hypertension in the 21st century
- Lancet: Counting the cost of end-of-life cancer care
- PLoS: The Enduring Need for Cancer Treatment
- WEF: Are we winning the war on cancer?
- BioMed Central: American Heart Month – tackling heart disease
- BioMed Central: World Cancer Day: Fighting the good fight against cancer
- Awoko: Sierra Leone News: Govt. to invest more in non-communicable diseases -Diabetes Ambassador
Risk Factor News
- UN News: Governments must act to reverse alarming rise in childhood obesity, UN report warns
- WHO: Movies hook young people on tobacco
- WHO: Food marketing to children and other issues in the latest Public Health Panorama
- Lancet: Ending childhood obesity: a time for action
- WCRF: World Cancer Day 2016 – why cancer prevention is so important | #WeCanICan reduce your cancer risk this World Cancer Day
- WCRF: We need a whole systems approach to tackle obesity
- WCRF: A sugar tax can be part of the solution
- BMJ: Lithuania: FCTC breaches undermine tobacco control progress
- BMJ: Tim Lobstein: Community interventions for healthy bodyweight—can we make them work?
- BMJ: Jeanelle de Gruchy: Should David Bowie have spoken out about the cause of his cancer?
- BioMed Central: Will paying for greenhouse gas emissions and adding tax to sugary drinks lead to better public health? | Increasing tax on sugary drinks – what’s the benefit?
- PLoS: The U.S. Needs a Lesson in Food Policy from Mexico by Daniel Taber, PhD, MPH
- News Medical: Height affects risk of major non-communicable diseases
- Taylor Francis Online: Mexico SimSmoke: how changes in tobacco control policies would impact smoking prevalence and smoking attributable deaths in Mexico