Deutsche Allianz Nichtübertragbare Krankheiten
NCD Alliance Weekly Digest
Wöchentliche Presseschau der NCD Alliance
Global Development News
- UN News: Ban warns illicit drugs impede sustainable development, calls for every solution to be weighed
- UN News: 'Our task is not over,' says Ban, urging action on Paris climate pledges ahead of signing ceremony
- UN News: Europe's restrictive measures draw UN concern as refugee and migrant influx continues
- ODI: Eight ways the IMF can bolster support for the Sustainable Development Goals
- World Bank: What is your challenge? Creating Jobs and Livelihoods for the bottom 40%
- World Bank: Four ways open data is changing the world
- World Bank: Public-Public Partnerships vs. Public-Private Partnerships
Global Health News
- UN News: From asthma to Zika, UN tackles links between environment and health
- UN News: Malnutrition mounts in eastern and southern Africa as El Niño takes hold – UNICEF
- UN News: Zika: UN health agency launches global response strategy; Member States briefed on outbreak
- DevPolicy: What May Cause Post-Conflict Depression?
- World Bank: Generasi: Improving the Health and Future of Indonesia’s Children
- Devex: Going mainstream in including disabled people in development
- WEF: Can the private sector help achieve universal health coverage?
- WHO: Experts wrap up workshop on cancer registries in Brazzaville
- Lancet: Infection risk in elderly people with reduced glycaemic control
- BioMed Central: American Heart Month – tackling heart disease
- BioMed Cantral: What your gut bacteria can tell you about type 2 diabetes
- BioMed Central: Can we target cancer’s ‘super-controller’?
- WEF: Did we just get a small step closer to curing cancer?
Risk Factor News
- World Bank: Campaign Art: The salt you can see
- PLoS: Looking toward the future of diabetes prevention with Dr. Sanjay Basu
- NEJM: Cost of Smoking among Homeless Adults
- BMJ: UK: New ‘Quit 16′ campaign tells smokers’ stories
- BMJ: Systems thinking is essential for responding to obesity (and much else)
- BMJ: Nicotine replacement therapy—the evolution of an evidence base
- WEF: Is this a possible link between diabetes and sleep?
- WEF: The global bike sharing boom: why cities love cycling schemes
- BioMed Central: The alcohol harm paradox – why are the poor at increased health risk?
- New York Times: Lung cancer death rates in the province surrounding Beijing has increased more than 4X in the last four decades
- American Journal Public Health: Evaluation of the Evidence Base for the Alcohol Industry’s Actions to Reduce Drink Driving Globally
- Action on Sugar: Shocking amount of sugar found in many hot flavoured drinks