Deutsche Allianz Nichtübertragbare Krankheiten
NCD Alliance Weekly Digest
Wöchentliche Presseschau der NCD Alliance
Global Development News
- UN News: On World Statistics Day, UN flags importance of reliable data to achieve new development agenda
- World Bank: The SDGs indicators on rule of law need to respect the targets agreed in September | Is adoption of governance as a SDG an empty gesture?
- World Bank: Voice from the field: how can we help the Caribbean fulfil the promise of PPPs?
- CGD: Are the Global Goals Famous Yet?
- ODI: Five myths about poverty, growth and inequality
- Devex: The new millennial opportunity: Doing good is good for business | 5 tools to help businesses tackle the SDGs
- Devex: Improving accountability takes more than 'good ideas'
- WEF: Can redistributing wealth also be good for growth?
- WEF: What is most important for people’s well-being?
- Oxfam: The Politics of Data – the bit the geeks forget?
- DevPolicy Blog: Engaging politicians against TB
Global Health News
- WHO: Combining indigenous knowledge with scientific expertise can help mitigate disaster risks
- WHO: Statement by the WHO Regional Director for Africa on World Polio Day 2015: A tribute to polio successes in Africa
- WHO: Towards domestic funding of HIV and TB response in eastern Europe and central Asia
- WHO: Day 1 of Life-course Conference: synergies between Health 2020 and sustainable development goals
- Lancet: Ebola, health systems, and the human face of capacity
- Lancet: Universal access to medicines
- Lancet: Health and human rights in Canada: a global concern
- Devex: Dear primary health systems, it's time for your checkup
- WEF: How open data defends against disease outbreaks
- BMJ: Ajith J: How school based health services can improve child health in India
- BioMed Central: What impact does open access have on healthcare?
- eHospice: Living with HIV and cervical cancer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Yodit’s story | Compassionate cell-mates – improving access to palliative care and HIV services in Masaka prison, Uganda
- Lancet: K Dain: Sustainable financing: the Achilles heel of the non-communicable diseases response
- Lancet: Type 2 diabetes in migrant south Asians: mechanisms, mitigation, and management
- Lancet: Regional roadmaps for reducing premature deaths from NCDs
- Lancet: Availability and affordability of cardiovascular disease medicines and their effect on use in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries: an analysis of the PURE study data
- BMJ: Alexandra Caulfield: Mental health in Africa—challenges and progress since 2008
- BioMed Central: IARC Communications: HIV-positive people disproportionately affected by infection-related cancers
- BioMed Central: Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- eHospice: Purposeful discussion in Dublin on the World Health Assembly Palliative Care Resolution | Palliative care at a crossroads? | Using traditional burial societies – iddirs – for hospice referrals in Ethiopia
- eHospice: Invisible lives, invisible deaths: the hidden burden of Parkinson’s
- Guardian: UN inquiry considers alleged UK disability rights violations
Risk Factor News
- UN News: New UN health agency report cites measures to reduce risks from climate pollutants
- WHO: New report identifies four ways to reduce health risks from climate pollutants
- WHO: Act tough against tobacco
- Lancet: Regional contributions of six preventable risk factors to achieving the 25 × 25 non-communicable disease mortality reduction target: a modelling study
- Lancet: WHO decision is critical to the fight against obesity and non-communicable diseases
- WCRF: Red meat and bowel cancer risk – how strong is the evidence?